Video transfer to DVD
Fancy your own, unique DVD? We Are Geek can build a custom / personalised DVD from your personal digital files. These can be old family movies, photos or non-copyrighted commercial material.
Personal DVDs make brilliant gifts for Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries so contact We Are Geek and let us help you share old memories with friends and family.
Although we’ve stopped transferring VHS and similar videos onto DVD – we can still transfer your digital video files onto DVD. This is a great way to preserve memorable digital images taken from your android mobile or iphone.
Want to be able to watch personal videos on your home DVD player? Want to share these with family and friends? We can make a DVD from various video sources including .avi, .mp4, .mov and more.
Don’t leave those treasured memories languishing on your PC or mobile phone. Get your favourite home videos and photos transferred to DVD. We will convert your precious moments past into an easy to share, high quality DVD which you can enjoy anew. A great way to clear some space on your phone, organise your keepsakes and also a fantastic gift idea for someone you made those great memories with.
If you do not have software to play a DVD on your computer, you could use VLC player. VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Custom made DVD disks will work in most, but not all DVD players (particularly very old models). They will work on just about all PCs and Macs with a DVD drive.
DVDs will be branded with the DVD disc manufacturer, and supplied in a plain sleeve.
- Choose your video. It has to be digital, on a PC or phone. So no Super 8, VHS or other ‘physical’ items.
- Landscape oriented images work best (16:9 format)! If your videos are not 16:9 format (think ‘widescreen TV’ format), they have to be ‘letter boxed’ – inserted into a black background. This especially applies to portrait videos, e.g taken whilst holding the camera/phone vertically.
- Upload it to Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud or similar. Or just email it if it’s a relatively small file (depending on your email provider, no more than 10Mb to 25Mb). No more than 99 files. Each menu page can contain no more than 6 files, so the more files, the more sub menus.
- We MAY be able to use a digital photo you supply as the background picture to your DVD menu, so please upload / email your chosen background picture as well.
- Send us the link for your video/background image in an email, together with what you’d like the DVD to be called, e.g ‘Merry Christmas’, ‘Birthday 2019’, ‘My Party’ etc
- You will receive request for payment. Pay using PayPal. Guidance price no more than £120 for 3 hours work £80 for two hours, and £40 if the DVD takes an hour or less to make. Charges per hour, at our usual rates.
- Remember – landscape files are quicker to edit (less likely to need ‘letter boxing’, and therefore cheaper! They also look much better than vertical, portrait videos on a TV. Longer videos also take more processing time, so these can also cost you more. The fewer files, the quicker, and therefore cheaper the custom DVD.
- It is not possible to use more than 99 files (videos, photographs etc). As a guide, a custom made DVD containing 99 short video clips from a phone, downloaded from OneDrive etc and edited to produce and then make will take around three – four hours plus, but I round down the price to £120. A DVD with around 60 short video clips would be usually £80, because it takes less to produce.
- Once I receive your video files, possible background image and the name for your DVD, and payment, I start to make your DVD.
- I make your DVD, test it and then and post it to you. Make sure you supply the address you want the DVD posted to.
- If you’re in Wallsend, I may be able to come over to collect a memory stick with your video(s) on.
Please contact us if you are interested in a personalised DVD.